Monday, November 29, 2010

Keys Day Job!



It seems as of late, I can’t stay away from the Florida Keys! Due to a
Mako brochure shoot in Fort Lauderdale, I had to cut last week’s Islamorada
TV shoot short by one day. So, to obtain the “spine takes” we needed
to complete that show, I drove to Islamorada for the day on Tuesday,
November 16, and met up with producer Kevin Tierney.

A “spine take” refers to those tight face images that fly in during a fishing
show, where people reflect back on a catch and other highlights during the
trip. We needed to “spine take” two episodes: our recent Islamorada shoot,
and also our July trip to Ocean City, Maryland. On hand today were Greg
Poland and John Oughton, my guest anglers in both shows, respectively.

First on the hot seat was Poland, followed by me. After the
Islamorada “spine takes” were logged, Oughton did his on Ocean City, and I
followed with my take. While all went smoothly, I have to admit that it was
painful to be landlocked, with such gorgeous weather and light winds!

We began shooting at 9:30 a.m., and wrapped up at 2:00 p.m. Figuring we
needed to reward ourselves for working so hard, Kevin and I enjoyed a late
lunch at World Wide Sportsman’s Islamorada Fish Company. And what did
we eat? Why, blackened dolphin fish sandwiches, of course!

I got back on the road around 3:30 p.m. and pulled into my driveway at
5:30 p.m.

We’ve one more trip to the Florida Keys before 2010 draws to a close.
Friend Carl Grassi and I will fish the MARC VI off Big Pine Key shortly
after Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment