Sunday, November 7, 2010

Fort Lauderdale Boat Show

Friday was my first day at the Ft. Lauderdale Boat Show. I parked near the Bahia Mar, since I had to pick up my credentials, but really needed to be at the Convention Center that morning. Would you believe $ 30.00 to park?! I’m in the wrong business.

After I got my exhibitor’s badge, I took a cab to the Convention Center, and got inside an hour before the show opened. I met up with John Bower at the Mako booth, and we chatted on the rigging and layout of my new 284 Mako, which should be ready to go in February. John is a long-time Mako guy, who has been very instrumental in the quality control, layout and rigging of my boats for more years than we both care to remember. He’s an integral part of Mako’s success, and a heck of a nice guy too.

Between 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m., I signed and gave out Mako hats at the Mako booth,
which I did again on Saturday and Sunday. Met plenty of neat people and a lot of old
friends, and the three days basically blew by! Took a couple quick strolls through the Bahia Mar side, after leaving the Mako booth. Mako had their newly redesigned 284 center console on display.

Did Halloween Sunday night, by just keeping an eye on my 14-year old daughter and her friends.

Set to trailer the MARC VI down to Marathon in the Keys on Monday morning, where
we’ll fish and shoot an episode Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment